Sunday, August 20, 2006

How I spent my summer


I spent the summer outside this year. The heat wave was really fun. I can't figure out how I could have gained weight when I poured buckets of sweat out my pores.
I started my stop smoking campaign on June 3rd. Hypnosis lasted about 8 hours, but it did help me cut consumption drastically. It also helped to ban smoking in the house. There were many times I put off going for a smoke just because it was over 100 degrees in the shade.
One bright spot to the sweatlodge time, was watching the house swallows build a nest on the carport and hatch babies. There were 4 babies....all mouth for quite a while. I watched them grow, exercise their wings on the curve of the purling, their first test flights, then as they learned to swoop, swirl, and cartwheel in the air.
I would put up more pictures of them, but blogger won't do it. So will have to add them in another post. I used to be able to put up a picture, write about it, then put up another. It ain't happening now. So, on to another post so I can add pictures.

No comments: