Sunday, July 24, 2005

Finally Back


I have been sadly remiss in keeping up with my blog the past two weeks. I present a beautiful zinnia from my garden as apology. As an update....my liver enzymes came down, but are not perfect, so I had a ct scan done. I was over the moon when the results came back. Absolutely nothing unusual going on with my insides! Some of you know what a huge relief that is for me.
I am adjusting to being off most of my medications. Some of them I have taken for about 3 years. I am going to try do repair my body with more natural ingredients. In reading about the meds I was on, I found that a lot of my problems lately are due to the meds my doctors have had me on.
I also joined the health club here. They have a set of workout stations that I hope to hit regularly. Of course, I will have them set on minimal weight for a while and concentrate on repetitions. I have to be careful because I can easily hurt myself....which backfires on me the third day.
I have been feeling better and stronger each day. The past few days I have been trying to clean house. This house is a pigsty from my being sick for over a month. My goal this week is to get the bathrooms a good scouring. I have kept them clean....but a scrubbing is necessary every so often.
It finally rained yesterday! I only got about 3 tenths of an inch, but that is the first in a month. I knew the day before that if I watered everything real well, it would coax the rain....and it did.
Chris stoppeed by this weekend to borrow one of Kim's handguns. He was meeting a bunch of friends in San Antonio for a retreat. Nearly all the guys were into guns, so they all went to a shooting range and played with their toys. He had such a blast and can hardly stand to wait to do it again next year.
I promise to try to keep up better on this thing. Catch ya later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the hummer-since I'm an avid birder it was fun to see one I'll never see way up here in the north.