Thursday, August 04, 2005

The Visit of the Great Pumpkin



I was visited today by a neon orange hummingbird. My neighbor was here when I looked out the window and saw pumpkin orange at the feeder. So we spent the next hour with both our cameras in hummer faces. They were a little peeved at first, but very soon ignored us for the most part. I will post pictures that she took as soon as she sends them to me. She says she got some that show his colors real well backlit. We were told he is a Colorado Rufus and not supposed to be here. I am in Southwest Central Texas...north of Del Rio, which is on the Mexican border. This little pumpkin is really lost! He was quite aggressive at the feeder, but the girls soon put him in his place. I am thrilled to be host to this rare little guy.

No comments: