Friday, January 06, 2006

Finally updating again

I hadn't realized it had been so long since I updated this blog! So got a lot of typing to do.
First off....went to see Dr. Di. Got an shot and antibiotic prescription. My cold is almost cleared up, but still can't hear out of my left ear. It is trying to open though. I can't tell you just how irritating it is not to be able to hear well.
Kim and I stayed up to welcome in the new year. Then Chris came through on his way home from visiting his girls. We exchanged Christmas and fed him. The next day was his 30th birthday. I have a gift for him but the other person involved in it hasn't kept up their end, so I need to call and harrass until it is ready. I would like Chris to have it in his birth month at least.
Then the next day...the 4th....I turned 49. Ouch! Kim was out of town, so Cheree took me to my traditional dinner at the Steak House. Not long after we sat down and ordered, Earlie, my other neighbor, came in on his dinner break. He sat with us and we had a very nice visit. He even picked up the tab for my birthday. Cheree and I then got ice cream and a slushy from the Sonic on the way home. All in all a good day.
Last night I went to a Fitness Program meeting at our Wellness Center. They are starting up an 8 week fitness competition with teams. Apparently most of the people there already knew what was going on and had formed teams. That left a handful of us to make a team. I suggested the name The Leftovers. Everyone liked it. Then we were told we needed to pick a team captain. Before I could even draw breath, they all named me. Yikes! The only thing I have ever been leader of was trouble. This is going to be a real challenge for me.
On the crafty catagory.....lots of vows to finish some things, but not a whole lot done yet. I did finish knitting a Booga bag and am almost finished with the six foot of I-cord for the handle. It will probably all go in the wash today for felting. I think it is going to be a pretty cool bag. I started my Picolovi top for the Sexy Knitters Club Knit along. I am doing mine in a linen/silk blend yarn. That should be cool enough to be able to wear in my warm climate.
Well, that's it for now. Gotta get off my duff and get some things done. Hopefully I will have pictures to post in the next day or two.

No comments: