Sunday, February 12, 2006

New Wheels and the Blues

I found the coolest tricycle for Brooklyn. It is purple, pink and yellow, and has a dashboard that makes sounds. By this summer, maybe she will be old enough to learn to ride it round and round the carport.

Here is the cool dashboard. It makes all sorts of neat sounds. Now I need to pick up a big girl bicycle for when the older grands visit....hopefully this summer.


Meanwhile, I realized I have the blues big time lately. Not only is there a lot of depressing things going on lately, but I also get depressed when doctor visits time comes. Gyno wasn't so bad last week, but now I have to go to my internalist this week, then next week on the rounds of mammo and useless bone density test.
I drag around here drained of energy. It's like it just pumps right out of my body. I have so much to do and so much that I want to do. Just no get up and do.
Not going well on the diet. No energy to exercise....and pain when I do. No, not soreness from using muscles.....pain. Pain is not condusive to exercise. So the only way to lose weight is by liquid diet. Keeping blood sugar levels up on diet drinks is not easy. I don't enjoy a hungry belly all the time. Food has gotten down to a minimum intake and nothing happens. I want to quit smoking, but that seems to be the only thing that goes in my mouth that doesn't cause weight gain. It would be all a different story if I could get my doctors to pay attention. But that is not likely to happen in my lifetime....unless, of course, it lands me in the hospital again.
It was about 20 degrees when I got up this morning. It was only up in the mid 40's yesterday, but supposed to be around 60 today. I don't know what the deal is, but I have been sneezing a lot lately. Even woke up sneezing the other day. Since pollens have gone down due to rain in the area last week, I am baffled about the sneezing. The drainage and coughing from it, marches on. Since buying a bottle of Creomulsion the other day, I am not waking up in the middle of the night with uncontrollable coughing.
The only productive thing I have done recently is knit. I can sit at the computer, or in my comfy chair, or at the sunroom table and do that. So have been getting quite a bit done. I just have too many projects going. I switch back and forth on them according to my mood, so none get finished.

No comments: