Monday, September 19, 2005

Kim in Siberia


Yep, you read it right. My one and only is in Siberia. My butt has been parked at this durn computer since he landed friday. We have emailed back and forth and generally acted like a couple of newlyweds instead of 29 year seasoned veterans.
Tonight I finally figured out.....or remembered...how to call internationally. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get the call through, so laid down and read a book. This cleared my frustrated head so that it dawned on me when I got back to it. Even looked up Matt's old number in Germany to confirm what I was doing wrong. When I heard his voice, it was like coming home. I am sure he felt the same way. We are both so pitiful. He goes halfway around the world and we end up acting like we are being separated for months. Oh, and the picture....that is the view from his room. Inspiring, eh? He says those stacks to the right are from the steam plant. Apparently the whole town is steam heated. Kim says pipes run everywhere. I guess he should be glad that he isn't there in January.
We are both hoping they get the job done quickly and he can get the heck out of Russia and back home to Texas, where that homesick homeboy belongs.

No comments: