Saturday, September 17, 2005

Knitted Jacket

The first of this week, I finished knitting a jacket for myself. It is made from a pattern in Tahki Yarns Fall/Winter 04 collection. Instead of the expensive Tahki yarn, I used 5 balls of Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick. It is nice and cozy in Lambswool and Acrylic....which means I can throw it in the washer and dryer. I picked the nice Wheat color so it will go with anything and used size 17 Addi Turbo circular needles. I must get more Turbo's....they are wonderful to use. So smooth and quiet!
Now I have started on a shrug found in a knitting magazine...couldn't tell you which one right now. Hancocks had a coupon for 20% off balls of yarn up to 6 balls. I was able to get the knitting ribbon for the shrug at a good price. This ribbon is fun to knit with.
Maybe with someone home eventually, I can get a pic of me wearing the jacket.
Come on Winter!!!

No comments: