Monday, November 14, 2005

Trash to Treasure

I promised a friend months ago that I would post a picture of my chicken feeders. Sorry it took so long, Sam. I dug around in the Saddlehouse one afternoon and found some old chicken feeders. The short one was perfect for holding spices. So, I spray painted it blue, then hit it with a spritz of cream and screwed it to the wall. It has worked out wonderfully and goes nicely with my kitchen chickens.


Then there was the very long feeder. It had a screening on top of it that really didn't work, so I took it off. I spray painted this one almond and mounted it beside my bathroom sink.. It works great for perfumes, nail polishes, lotions and potions. Below it is some cute painted tin containers I bought at our local rodeo/craft days. I painted an old wood tray, decopaged some pretty fabric on the bottom and it corrals my most used things. The hatbox on the far right holds scented soaps.

This isn't a trash to treasure. It is a little cardigan I knitted for Brooklyn. It is the Haiku pattern from knitty.com. I used regular old Lily Sugar and Cream cotton yarn. It was a quick knit. I used some buttons from my late grandmothers stash. Casey said it fits just fine. When I finished it, I tossed it in the washer and dryer to make sure it was wash and wear. Turned out great.

It wanted to throttle a dog this evening. Jack cornered Arnie the armadillo under the Truck Farm. The constant barking was driving me nuts. I could tell by his bark that it was Arnie. I grabbed my flashlight and headed out in the backyard. On the way by the faucet, I grabbed the hose and turned the water on. Jack got a good spraying and quit for a while. But as soon as I came back in the house, he started back up. So I went back out. This time I chased him around a bit to let him know I meant business. Well that did the trick, except that he came in and plopped down under my chair to lick the water off of himself. He needs a bath badly as it is.....but wet dog was very unpleasant. Guess dog baths needs to be added to the long list.
Tomorrow I have to start getting plants inside, and the rest of them ready for the possiblity of our first killing frost. This means that my new cart will get a good workout. I am so very pleased with my new cart. Thanks Cheree!!!!!
Okay, off to bed. Have to get going early tomorrow. Have an appointment with Dr. Di to get my bloodwork results.

No comments: