Monday, June 13, 2005

Bummer day

I had a rough night last night. I didn't sleep hardly a wink. Looked at the clock every hour all night. I couldn't figure out what was wrong until I sat down at my computer this morning and saw my sleeping pill sitting there. It is small and dark so I didn't see it in the low light. That made for a rough day with no sleep.
While I was in town getting mail , Kim called and said he had to take off this afternoon for a job in Colorado. So, less than 24 hours after he got home, he left. After he drove off, I went down for a hard nap.
At least it was not raining today, nor threatening to. I was able to get out and spray my rose bushes yet again. I am hoping rain holds off for a few days so the fungicide can kill off the black spot that is stripping my bushes.
I finally got a couple of barrels filled with dirt and planted hybrid iris that a friend gave me into one, and the round zucchini sprouts in another. I was also able to put my new blue plumbago plant in a bed beside a white one I got earlier.
I will post pictures of what is going on in my garden tomorrow. I was delighted to find two huge Red Luna hibiscus blooms shining. Since they faced the neighbors pasture, I cut them and put them in a bowl. It is nice to have them where I can see them all day.
Well, more tomorrow. Pictures promised.

No comments: