Monday, June 27, 2005

Happy Birthday Missy


Today Missy turns 12 years old. She is a very special cat. A dear friend gave her to me and when she was almost a year old, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. When my hair fell out from chemo, Missy took on the job of sleeping on my pillow, wrapped around my bald head. Over 8 months later, when my head could fend for itself, she never gave up the practice. Now that she is a hefty old girl, it gets to be a battle over the pillow at times. She has had a love-hate relationship with Kim. She can be sweet as honey, then when you go to pet her, she turns into a razor imbedded ninja. Her most distinctive feature is her kinked tail. At about 4 inches from the base, it totally turns back on itself. She had a difficult time with it when she was younger and has even broken it I believe. As she got older, she learned how to keep from hooking it on things. Due to the difficulties, the tail is completely hands-off. Nothing brings out the slasher in her faster than touching her tail. She is starting to show her age, but I hope she is around for a long time yet. Missy is the Queen of the household. Posted by Hello

No comments: